Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Urgency of Life and Lists

I have been drafting a list of things I need to do.

Things I need to do today.

Things I need to do this week.

Things I need to do before Chile.

Things I need to do before the end of 2013.

Things I need to do in the next few years.

Things I need to do before and after I retire.

Books I need to read.

Posts I need to write.

Movies I want to see or see again.

Sometimes I get a little caught up in the lists and figuring it out and buying new notebooks and nicer pens to keep my lists in, then worrying about the fact that I have forgotten something or that I can't read my handwriting, or haven't left enough room in the left hand column to make notes or mark completion, and then I just think that it is just nice enough to have lists and the important thing isn't the physical list, but moving forward and marking things off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment